8.16.2010

What? It's August Already?

I can't believe we're half way through August!! Where has the summer gone?


I'm on batch 2 of my sunflower seed planting! The last batch has all grown and one was even taller than me!

Abbie graciously took pictures of me and the giant mammoth sunflower, though I look chubby and pregnant in the pictures....


One enjoyable reward this summer was having fresh-picked, SUPER sweet, home-grown tomatoes (3 sizes) to eat every week! I didn't know that tomatoes are actually SWEET!

A sad thing that happened over the weekend was that our first Mickey platy, "Mickey", died because the earthworm I gave her was too big and got stuck in her mouth. I never knew fish could choke on worms 'cuz they breathe through their gills..... But we got "Waggy" the Sunburst Wag platy and "Guppy".
I realized all 3 fishes were males 'cuz Ganny (the surviving Mickey mouse platy) whom we thought was a girl....kept doing the mating dance w/the other 2 new male fishes....so it's creepy to watch this boy fish keep trying to mate with the other 2 guys...

Hence, today I decided to get a girl Mickey platy ~ "Baby" after watching "Despicable Me" with the kids. All these name-giving to our fishies is getting burdensome 'cuz things happen to fishies all the time... (*_*)....and it's only been 6 weeks since we started fishkeeping!

I told Abbie that Mickey is now compost for tomato plant and went to Jesus. Maybe one day we will see Mickey in heaven! She's skeptical but accepted the fishie's fate.

Looking forward to going on our Yosemite trip soon! This has been a busy summer and finally we get to go on our 1st trip! Hubby read on Wall St. Journal that there are $15,000 worth of damage from bears in Yosemite this year, compared to just $1500 last year! It will be exciting if a bear tries to break into our minivan or tent for food or soda! (^_^)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[color=#cc3300]Awesome post! thank you for sharing this information. sophfamilycircus.blogspot.com really got under my
[/color] [url=http://nuscin-online.info]skin,[/url] [color=#cc3300]bookmarked... Keep up the great site...[/color]