6.02.2013

Happy June, Sweeties! Where Have I Been??????

Hi sweeties!

Happy June! Boy, I haven't blogged for 5 months! It's like I fell off the edge of the earth! Well, I blamd Blogger/Google. Apparently they 'upgraded' to a new style/version, blah blah, and I could not even get into my own blog (and neither could my friends, family, or enemies...) without a 12 step verification thru a setting button that I couldn't find for the last almost half a year. So thankfully we're back in business....I hope....can anyone see this post????

Well, let's see what happened lately..... We went to a retreat with Grapevine fellowship for Valentine's weekend at Palm Springs....very nice and lovely! Then it was sad cuz my mother in law passed away on March 1, so we were busy with funeral arrangements and relatives visiting from Taiwan for the funeral. It was a really touching funeral/burial, and Caleb played clarinet during her viewing at Rose Hills. It was her favorite song, "In the Garden"!




We took dad in law Caleb wherever we went after mom in law passed away, like Taekwondo tournaments in SD, basketball games, weekend sleep overs, and just had an exciting 4 hours basketball championship (more on that later)!

We also had Easter, which was great, and a parachuting Easter bunny (who was a 60 yr old Navy Seal guy with a great body) came down from an airplane along with 40,000 Easter Eggs at Crossline church! Amazing! We also did something crazy when hubby and Caleb went to their 'dad and son trip' to Texas. Abbie and I went to Norco/Riverside to ride horses for 2.5 hours and the next day we bought 2 baby chicks from a nice Vietnamese dad of 23 boys named Scott  in Little Saigon! More on that later too!

So this past Spring was really busy....hectic... We were happy, then sad, then happy again, and so far....busy and hectic again....because the kids get off for a whole 13 weeks for summer vacation....in just SIX point five days..... SCARY! All the moms are having panic attacks just about now! But I'm so thankful that the kids are older now and can get along for 15 minute stretches without fighting...or at least they are old enough to determine whether the blood coming out from scratching/biting/hitting each other are serious enough to tell mom....or call 911.  This summer Caleb doesn't want to do anything but veg out.... it's kind of scary he might gain like 50 pounds....but if he sleeps late all summer he may actually grow 18 inches, which helps his basketball career. He is able to survive on the one culinary skill I taught him early this year.... Cook, actually...just heat... Progresso Noodle Soup (from Costco) in a pot after opening can with can opener (he actually used scissors to manually cut around the can for weeks until I discovered it)....and dump into bowl and eat. I think that is important skill to have in case something happened to me and it takes hours for daddy to find out about it. He can also feed little sister the same food too!

We had tons of school/piano/taekwondo testing as well as piano/clarinet/band concerts and singing performances. Not a day goes by that something is not needed for school or after school activities or a BBQ/Picnic/End of year something....   If it was in the olden days, there would be tons of weddings or babies getting born.

Oh, speaking of babies being born.... My sweet nephew Christopher Solomon DID get born (or borned) on 4/16/13 in Taiwan (so that's 4/15 here? Tax day!)! He is a handsome fella who is a hefty 7 lb 8 oz at birth! Can't wait to meet him next month! And my dear buddy Cathy had her baby boy Jeremy.... he is a sweetheart too! Tons of hair! So this is a very productive year indeed! I live vicariously through them, hold their babies, then return them when noise or poop emerges from them (^_^)! I am glad I finally came back to blogging.... I've been using shortcuts....FACEBOOK posts....for the past half year!

p.s. My leaping frogs leaped away in March when I cleaned their tank....so sad.... maybe that's why I got chicks...to fill the void in my heart.... And hammie/cheddar has 1 year to go....their bday was last week! I'll enjoy them while I can....cuz they only last 1 more year! Lots of parties coming up as school year/fellowships/Awana ends......I'll take it one day at a time and enjoy!
Hugs!

No comments: