5.23.2009

Pizza Party and Graduation ~


I can't believe how fast this baseball season has gone by.... It seemed like only yesterday that I was complaining about how many practices, games, uniform washing, snack packing that needs doing. We had an End-of-the-Season Party at Lamppost Pizza and it was bitter-sweet!


During the party, I looked at all his teammates and parents celebrating, and a sudden flash-forward of 10 years from now ~ Caleb's High School Graduation, Class of 2019 ~ crossed my mind.

He's half way done with his schooling (pre-college), and in ten years will we be celebrating with other parents just like we're doing now? I was looking at our home and we bought it 9 years ago (and saw it get built over 6 months, from dust to completion) ~ yet it seemed like it was only yesterday that we moved in! In 9 years, Caleb will be ready to leave for college, yet it was only like yesterday that we brought him home from Mission hospital!

I savored our spaghetti/pizza dinner, realizing that as difficult and messy as it is raising little boys and girls, soon enough they will be spreading their wings and embarking on their own journey! Number our days, my beloved, because each day is a present, and should be cherished and lived to the fullest.

No comments: