5.06.2009

What the Doctor Told Me ~

This has been a very slooooooooooow week for us here at the farmhouse.... Life is going by in slow motion because we've been cooped up all week at home due to my babe's unrelenting fever. It stubbornly remained at 100-102.8 degrees no matter how religiously I drug my little girl, alternating between the infamous Tylenol and Motrin elixir. With her coughing and sneezing all over me (intentionally), I started to zap my own ears periodically, feeling a bug of some sort coming on too...since I'm always so sleepy, tired....and hungry.... maybe I'm just getting 'cabin fever'?





Finally, today being D-Day (Day 3!), I called our respectable pediatrician, Dr. Kim, and squeezed her in an appointment. All these days of cough & runny nose, plus her undiminished energy level, led me to believe that it is just the typical cold. But the fever refusing to let up made me somewhat suspicious. I'm thankful for the moms who called and emailed, suggesting that we head to the doc office (esp. with the swine flu hot on people's radars, better just go and give everyone a peace of mind).



Dr. Kim told us that she actually does have the regular cold (See?), plus a little complication as it detoured into bronchitis (Oops!). So we left the doc office with Zpac antibiotic 5-day prescription. I feel so much better knowing what's going on in there, and O.Ded. on a McCafe Iced Mocha to celebrate this revelation and now I'm actually feeling quite wired....or is it weird?!

This past few days of staying home reminded me of how life was with a newborn... And how we cannot do anything or go anywhere but sit and worry about how severe our kid's sickness is. I realize how much I relish control and routine, when kids go to school regularly and I go meandering (in the mall, Target, or neighborhood trails). It also made me cherish the times that our kids are healthy, since I've sort of taken that for granted these past few months.

Came across this ultrasound picture today. Ok, I thought that was really neat. Not sure how they do that?! A bit scary though.

Finally, here is our fever girl ~ How would anyone suspect she has bronchitis based on how energetic she looks?
Thanks so much for your prayers and for bearing with me!



No comments: