4.30.2009

The Thief in My Yard!

Ok, my backyard was raided many times this past week. The darn thieves laugh loudly as fly away with our Golden jewels ~ Our Pee Pahs! This year the weather has been colder than the past, so our precious Pee-pahs took forever to ripen! I just took a bite out of one of our finally ripened loquat, and Man! They are good! Sweet as honey!


If anyone's interested after seeing this post, leave a comment and place your order! I'll remember to give some to you! [*Note: Fruits are limited, as you are competing with relentless & wasteful avians!] These stealthy black crows casually land on our branches, even shooing away red-chested finches so they can hoard their loquat buffet! But we're just being sour-grapes, since the sweetest ones are too high for us to reach anyways!




Birds (like our babies below) are pests in the eyes of the agricultural community because of their bad table manners. Like toddlers, they'll take one bite out of your sweet fruit or veggie, toss the rest of the perfectly-edible fruit aside, then go on to the next one! How environmentally irresponsible!

Yellow-Nape Amazon

Senegal parrot

Below is one more pest crowing proudly (note head bopping up and down), heartily plucking off our yummy fruit by the branch and flying off with the prize!



Post Scriptus ~ Hubby wanted me to add that: We are like crows, and though we are not pretty and are oftentimes annoying, God still loves us and looks out for us! Like the yummy fruits provided to them, God also provides for you and me! Then hubby chuckles to himself, "I should start my own Website and post this insight!" [Of course, he stated this intention 2 years ago but never acted on it, so I'm dedicating this caption to him. ^_^]

No comments: