4.08.2009

It's Snowing, It's Snowing!!



Ok, we're in Big Bear right now for our family spring break trip. I admit, we have no life and I'm blogging while on vacation (plus, I'm separated from my Chinese soap opera!!!). But this is so exciting and I couldn't help but yank hubby's iPhone away from him to write about our trip!


Today is day 3 of our vacation, and we woke up, looked out the window, and saw....white stuff blanketing the ground! Was it.....snow???? As it turned out, it was! We didn't expect to see snow on this trip, and amazingly, God gave us a surprise gift!



Daddy was so happy that he geared up and stood in the snow for a couple of hours.....just grinning and examining the snowflakes he caught in a plastic bowl. Later, he and Abbie competed in a snowflake-eating contest!


Finally I came out with my cup of hot tea (unwillingly, since the snow was falling harder), got a picture taken while snow fell into my teacup, then scurried back inside the warm cabin.


The snow got so big that the kids started to snowball fight with dad!


Post Script: When we studied the snowflakes carefully, we realized that it is true ~ Every Snowflake IS different! Not one snowflake is exactly the same, thus they are uniquely made.

As I think forward to Good Friday, I realized the love of Christ displayed in His death to redeem each one of us. We, like snowflakes, are fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalms 139:14), and each of us show forth the glory of God when we let His Spirit live through us.

Our time on earth may be brief, like snowflakes melting in the warm sun up at Big Bear, but we know that this is only the beginning of a beautiful journey into a place that will never end.... a place called Eternity ~ where we spend with our Heavenly Father and our loved ones in Christ! Happy Easter, my Beloved!

No comments: