4.13.2009

What an Egg-Sighting Day!

It's Monday........today we are back to the routine, after all the Spring break and Easter weekend hoopla. Abbie and I woke up egg-stremely late for the first time this year (not divulging exact time, since hubby ~ if you're reading this ~ will lecture me saying, "You sleep too much!").
We had a late brunch and headed off to the park. She played on the swings and I noticed a big lizard (blue belly, the species I kept when I was in 4th grade). He was brave and didn't run, despite the fact that Abbie screamed and waved at him. Next to him, in the bushes sat a bright yellow plastic Easter egg! What a find! This poor little egg was definately "left behind"!

I opened it, and whoa, there was a Smarties and a rolled up Dollar Bill! The lizard had already slithered away by then, and I was already hooked, looking for more monetary surprises in the bushes nearby. (Ok, and my greedy nature hopes it's a $20 this time!)
And what luck, ANOTHER orange plastic egg hid under a tree. I opened it, and there was a Bubble-licious gum and ANOTHER dollar bill! Wow, next year I think we should come HERE for our egg hunts! I looked around to make sure I wasn't on spy-cam or candid camera....but no one jumped out of the trees to announce a set-up. So we took off with our loot.


I told hubby the story about our find when he came home from work and he said, "Hey, you should put it on your blog! This doesn't happen all the time!" So being a submissive wife, I followed through on his wishes, and Voila! This unexpected surprise reminds me of the biblical story of the tax collectors asking Jesus for money, and He asked Peter to catch a fish and inside its month was the four-drachma coin needed to pay the taxes for Peter and Jesus.

So I suppose God can do anything He wants, and will provide what we need in ways beyond our comprehension or imagination ~ whether we find them in mouths of fishes or in left-behind Easter Eggs!

No comments: