10.05.2009

Accomplishing my goal....10 years later!



Today I was amazed at how long it took for me to finish a project I started TEN years ago! It was September 1999 when I purchased my "Two by Two ~ Noah's Ark Baby Quilt" Cross-stitch kit! At the time, we were only married for 1 year, and I didn't have much to do after work. So I thought I'd start a new hobby.



I decided I was going to cross-stitch a baby quilt for my future kid....if I am blessed with one! It won't take too long, I figured. Well, 2 years later the quilt was only 5% completed, and Caleb arrived! Then Abbie came along! My babies were growing up and I still haven't finished my quilt! And before I knew it, it's been 10 years!

So this past summer, I decided the kids are big enough (and won't be jabbing themselves w/my needle), so I picked up my long-forgotten quilt and got to work.

(3 months later.....)
Looking at the completed quilt, I was so amazed at how simple, and at times even boring each stitch was.....yet it worked together to make a beautiful picture at the end! I guess this quilt will be given to my future grandchild, since the kids are now too old to use a crib blanket! (^_^)

Life at times could be like that, whether it be cross-stitching, working at the office, or raising little ones. Each day may seem monotonous, routine, boring, colorless, and there are lots of mistakes along the way (if you look carefully).....yet when we look at the big picture one day, we see how our hard work, time, and energy resulted in a beautiful, abundant life!

So press on, my dears, because your labor of love is not in vain, and the Lord remembers each moment you sacrifice for Him and others.

No comments: