4.01.2010

Wow, long time no Blog! Our tough month of March!



I noticed that it has been almost a month since I last posted! Coincidentally, the last post happened on the day that mom in law was rushed to the ER room due to pneumonia and sepsis. It was quite shocking for us all because her bladder surgery (2 weeks prior) was successful and she didn't display any side effects. As it turned out, she had a hard time breathing from the two previous conditions and thankfully was resuscitated. But the 3 weeks following that incident she was in ICU in Santa Ana.

Hubby and dad/bro-in-laws were in and out of the hospital and I gave weekly updates to hundreds of family and friends. Thankfully, she is stable enough to be transferred to Newport sub-acute rehab care (tonight!) so she can recover slowly.  


During these past 3 weeks, we took father in law to some of Caleb's baseball games to give him a mental and physical break. We cooked and ate with him and had a "sleepover-party" (as Abbie called it), to keep him 'distracted'. We all took turns praying for MIL in the hospital and sang for her, all while wearing gowns, masks, and gloves in the ICU. We are blessed by loved ones who prayed for mom, and all 400 of our church friends who prayed for her as well.


Hubby was keeping dad company in the evenings and visiting the hospital lots after work, so I decided to try something new to entertain the kids (who missed daddy) during those nights. So... I  attempted to make my first California roll (in 35 years!) Thankfully, they loved it (though it was not.... too pretty).





It was a tough month, and we are so thankful we survived it. Though we are not out of the woods yet, we are thankful that we have the love, encouragements, and blessings from all of our loved ones.


All of us siblings (3 brothers, sister-in-laws, and kids) put our heads together and helped one another. Thanks to cyber-technology, we discussed treatment options, relayed updates after visiting mom,  and encouraged one another to rest and keep up the good work. We have grown closer than ever through this trial!



I can't believe it's April already! We're 25% through with 2010! This is a time to count our blessings. Though life has lots of ups and downs, we have much to be thankful for. Coming up tomorrow is Good Friday, and I'm thankful that our Heavenly Father loves us and gave his life to redeem me and cleanse me of my sins. No one can love as much as He does, esp. for those who reject and disobey him constantly, like me. I am thankful that He is patient with me and loves me unconditionally.


Happy Easter, Beloved (^_^)!! And remember that Somebody loves you and is willing to pay a price to remove your sins so you can spend eternity with Him (and other loved ones in Christ). He is your Creator and Heavenly Father. And YOU are MUCH more precious than many sparrows...and chicks! (And God loves and created these ultra-cute baby animals!)

No comments: