9.13.2010

The Plague of the Swarming Bees.........~(^_^)~

Bee on sunflower (one of a couple dozens!)

This morning hubby was getting ready to go to church w/Caleb (the boys go earlier), and he screamed after stepping out the front door. I thought he injured himself, and it turns out that he's screaming a swarm of bees out there and to CUT ALL THE SUNFLOWERS...   PRONTO!

My beatiful sunflower bed ~ B.C. (Before Cutting)!

Strangely, after planting sunflowers since April, I've never seen more than 2-3 bees at a given time. But today, perhaps it was a passing swarm or changing season/weather, they all came and buzzed all over our front porch!

Cut sunflowers = Bouquet!!

Just in time, I thought, since I've been wanting to give a bouquet to Abbie's soccer coach....so I cut and cut and soon the front yard's bloom became a huge sunflower bouquet! It was quite a sight to behold! And Abbie proudly took picture next to it after we cut it down!

Abbie & Sunflowers, before her team picture in th morning

Abbie and teammates took team picture at Founder's park, and afterwards we went to church.

~ Lining up for Blue Angels' Team Picture ~

She began chinese school (alphabet class ~ Buh ~ Puh ~ Muh)! I hoped she would sit through the class, and went off to shaved ice with my buddy while she did her 2 hour class! Good job! The homework part is the hardest for parents, since chinese doesn't come easy to our little ones. They speak mostly English at school, so this is foreign language to them.



I secretly recorded Caleb 'while he read his 2-pages of chinese reading after dinner. This HAD to be done if he wanted to play Wii, and he reluctantly agreed. Good luck to the rest of our American/Chinese school year! (^_^)

No comments: