9.08.2010

Wahahahaha! Kids are BACK IN SCHOOL! ~(^_^)~ Part 1 and 2 !


I can't believe that THIS is the day!! Like awaiting for "Wedding day", all us ladies (moms) have been anticipating this event since.... June! (^_^) The kids are finally back in school! No more "I'm Bored!" "When does school start?" "Where are we going today? I don't wanna go!" "Hey, that's MINE! Give me that back!!" "I wanna play Wii.....(next kid)...No, I wanna play!" ~(^_*)~




I am so excited! This morning Abbie and I got up early, though we are in the "late owl" kindergarten class, so we could send off daddy and big brother!The kids were so excited this morning and ALL SMILES! I surprised them with special "Welcome back to school" cookies! They were so thrilled!

I still have my kindergarten picture (below) and Abbie smiled just like me today!

This was Soph, in 1980 at kindergarten graduation! Glad I kept the souvenir plate!



We also prepared cookies for the kids' teachers, Mrs. Mannix and Mrs. McLaren (who also taught Caleb 4 years ago when he was in kindergraten)! We hope they like it and will be surprised by the special "Thank you teacher" treat! My good friend/neighbor Katie made it, and we custom ordered it from her. She's also a teacher at CUSD district!


Welcome back to school kids! Though I joke about sending you guys off, I really do love you and miss you. Time flies and I will enjoy your cute smiles and even squabbles, 'cuz soon, I will be sending you off to college! I'm off to get some kleenex....sniff sniff just thinking about this....



LOVE YOU! Happy School Year everyone! We're off to school to meet Abbie's kindergarten teacher now! (~9am)
                   _________________________________

[Part 2 ]  (~5 hours later)...

Kids wait to go into classroom!
Well, here we are back home! Just one hour of "kindergartener and me" class today! Abbie enjoys seeing her name on the wall, folders, name tags, and even valet pick-up (car window) sign!


Parents join kids for 1st day!

Name tag (for kindergarteners only)! (^_^)











Abbie presented a treat bag to, and takes a picture with... Mrs. McLaren, her hew teacher!

She drew a picture titled "My first day of school" and played in the playground!




Of course, with Murphy's law, something HAD to go wrong, and it did. After that hour, Abbie and I went to the mall for lunch, thinking Caleb gets off at 1:05pm (his minimum day pick-up time on Wednesdays)....Well, at 12:50pm I see a voicemail symbol on my phone and it's the school ~ saying I should pick him up at 12:05pm! Definately not a good sign....Good luck going to school to drop-off/pick-up 2 kids at 2 different times, mama Soph!


Abbie in her new class with new friend Ella!

When he got home, I asked if the teacher was happy when he gave her the suprise cookie treat. And of course, he replied, "What treat?" Though he witnessed me put the surprise in his front backpack....he forgot....so the cookie treat came home....looking like this (*_*).

But that's ok, I put a note for dear teacher that we brought it but forgot to give it to her, and good thing I took a picture (above) of what the treat would have looked like (^_^). Well, Happy Back-to- School everyone!
______________________________
3 hours later....(~ 5pm)



Abbie is so exhausted she fell asleep!

3 comments:

Inko said...

I didn't know you are a Kuan-Jen baby....and although I was not a Kuen-Jen baby since elementary, I went to Kuen-Jen junior and high school for 6 years. It's been part of my good memory there. Good work, mommy~ You could go shopping all day now without someone disturbing you forever!

Our Family Circus ^_^ said...

We are learning sister in Guan Ren school then! (^_^) I'm such a bad mommy....I picked up Caleb 1 hr late thinking he gets off minimum day (1:05pm), but it was 12:05pm today! Abbie only had 1 hr of class (parents sit in) then I took her to mall for lunch....hence, late to pick up Caleb! (^_^)

amy shih said...

You are "prohibited" from saying you're a bad mom. Picking up her kid 1 hr(57minutes to be exact,I guess)late does not "entitle" you a bad mom. Look at Abbie and Caleb's smiles and the special cookies (including the one that was broken perfectly into halves); all the bad mom out there(and here, I am)are feeling inadequate:(
Happy new school year, super(if not the best ever) mom, Soph!!
PS. I vividly remember your kindergarten look. Exatcly like the photo shows :) Amy