12.27.2010

8 day Sedona Christmas Escape (^_^)

Montezuma's Castle in Sedona, AZ

This year's Christmas we have decided to go to Sedona, AZ. People asked, "Do you have relatives there?" or, "Are you guys going skiing in AZ?" But our answers are, "No.....we just got a good time-share deal from the coworker friend!" It was just $288 (including tax) for 8 days! So though we're not sure what we'll do there....besides eating lots of snacks, homemade soups/noodles/ spaghetti/curry rice, and maybe hiking alittle....we packed our belongings and headed out for our 8 hour drive. It rained when we left on 12/18, and it rained and flooded on our way back on 12/25, and from what I saw on the weather channel, it was Noah's Ark in Southern Cal the whole week we were gone!

The kids watched LOTS of SpongeBob! I watched my chinese soaps w/laptop right below

Unfortunately, we disovered we lost one scandisk containing days 1-4 of our trip, so our "Toozigoot" native ruins pictures and Sedona mountain/river pictures went missing. But thankfully we still had hubby and boy's hiking pictures, our Montezuma Castle Nat'l Monument pictures, and Red River rock hiking pictures too!

Daddy and Abbie by the river

The kids fought most of the way to and back, and in the hotel as well. That was also why I hid myself in the bathroom hot tub, enjoying rare luxuries of hot baths alone. When I stepped out of the tub, my head felt heavy and I decided to get some water. I went to the kitchen and 'while pouring water, slumped over on the granite countertop. Hubby rushed over and brought me to the bedroom where I felt oxygen go inside my head agan as soon as I laid down. I guess it was anemia + elevation + dehydration! So remember to drink lots of water and eat carbo before diong baths!

Hubby with big mouth hollering at mommy lying down (by Abbie)
Hubby stood by the bedroom door and barked continuously at me "Drink more water! Eat pineapple cake! How are you doing? Get up, drink water!". In my confused state, I was conversing with myself about hubby's behavior...."I know I'm dizzy, but I'm NOT DEAF!".  Later he explained to me that this (barking) was the proper way to speak to victims of unknown state of consciousness, and he learned this in CPR class. So I suppose I should forgive him for breaking my eardrums because he was just following protocol. (Above) Abbie drew a picture of him screaming commands at me while I laid in bed, and her looking on nearby. What an adventure! Good thing the rest of the trip went relatively smooth (except for the kids fighting every 6-8 minutes)!


One of 3 pictures of me in the entire trip (^_^). And not sure why all pix are in panoramic view!!

No comments: