12.02.2010

Recession Decorating at Christmas Time! (^_^)

Hubby won this Santa Bear for me when we were dating....18 years ago!


Today I woke up with major back pain. Why? Because yesterday we (Abbie and I) decorated the front yard with Christmas lights and decor! It took me (a very non-engineering-minded gal) more than 2 hours to wrap all the lights around the front porches, garage frame and tree.... 

Abbie proudly stands with Mr. Bear & Pals


Mr. Elephant from Big Lots


This year I decided to save $$ and not buy another head-rotating reindeer, after donating my 7 year old Rudolph the Rusty Reindeer.....We will just have Mr. Elephant from Big Lots out on the lawn.


It may seem like a small task to deck one's yard with lights, but for me, it's a hefty task because non-left-brained-me couldn't figure out which way to connect the bizillion light sources so that they will actually ALL light up! I almost gave up half way!
  
Santa Bear was with us ever since Caleb was born!

Half of this blanket-light is broken, but I hid it in the back of the fence!

First time I hung lights over our garage, and lazy me used Scotch tape!
I consider it a big accomplishment 'cuz we saved $$ on mechanical lifts!

Hubby said I should wrap the lights around the WHOLE tree! Isn't this
supposed to be the guys' job? I'm glad I survived wrapping lights on just the tree trunk!

I couldn't get the lights to work 'cuz I didn't have enough plugs (^_^)! Had to use my fish tank connector...sorry fishies!
 After an afternoon's hard work, we can sit back and enjoy the fruit of our labors....for 23 days....then we get the joy of taking them ALL down again!! It's tough work, but somehow the millions of it still do it faithfully year after year! All for the love of our little ones (and big ones too!), and spreading a little festive holiday ambience!
Happy Almost Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ha ha ha ... what a funny story, Soph! Sounds like quite an accomplishment, and I am PROUD of you! Believe me, it is worth it for the joy it gives to little ones (and big ones) alike! I just love Christmas ... :) Love, Suzanne