1.14.2009

New Year's Surprise Gift for the family


A few days ago hubby came home excitedly screaming, "Look what I got!" Whenever he goes to Costco, he'll come back with strange impulse purchases. But seeing his big grin made me feel too mean to rain on his parade. So I asked, "What did you get?" He replied, "A gift for you!" I peeked...and EEKS! It was a weigh scale! ~(*_*)~ So...."What are you trying to imply, honey?" He quickly explained that it was only $10 with the Costco coupon. Then he said, "Hey, look what ELSE I got!"




I took a little peek.....Whoa....It was a WII Fit! I can't believe it! I think it's a gift for him and Caleb! I asked why he bought it.... was't Christmas over already? He explained quickly that all his engineering, Costco lunch buddies got it at lunchtime, and there was only a few left. I have to admit, it was a good deal.


I didn't bother to look at the new toy until yesterday, when everyone was at work and school. Man, this thing is soooo fun and addictive! It actually charts your daily progress, measures your balance, BMI, posture, breathing, everything! So now I'm a Wii Fitness fanatic. I even have a gorgeous male trainer! [Interesting Note: I later trained with the female trainer. After 2 weeks of training with her, I noticed that her hair grew a bit longer! Too weird!]



Today I had 3 mommy buddies come over for our Wii Fit party and we created 3 new Wii Mii cartoons of them. It's so wonderful to be able to have fun and exercise with friends at the same time! I think that's a fun way to hang out with other moms!
Maybe it's a hint (from family or from above?) that I need to start getting in shape and be healthier. We'll see how long my excitement will last! So far it's 2 out of 2 days! Has anyone made New Year's Resolutions for this year yet?

No comments: