6.10.2009

The Cost of raising Princesses


~Abbie posing in her room~




Abbie's recital is coming up 10 days! The teacher required complicated hairdo and her hat positioned 45 degrees on the side of her head....I tried with all my might and still the hat flipped off her head within seconds. It's interesting how fancy and expensive girl activities are compared to boys' activities!





Put the boy in his hat, jersy and kleats, and he's ready to go for several months for a fraction of the girl's activity costs! The girls have their weekly ballet class, complete with ribbons for the head, leotards, tights, tutus, ballet shoes, recital costumes, seating tickets, DVD of the recital (cameras and videos not allowed), and photography shooting!


I used to shake my head when I hear about parents splurging on their kids' fanciful activities....until that kid became my very own.......
But even so, we parents still shell out our hard-earned $$$, because we know that these are memories that will stay with us forever!

One day our little princesses will grow up and create memories of her own with her little ones too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too cute, your princess. I feel like to squeeze her cheeks. To those who did not know Sophie from her childhood, let me, her cousin, tell you that Abbie looks exactly like the then-3-year-old Sophie. Ya, I mean little Sophie was as cute and--squeezable! Ha!