9.10.2009

Welcome Back, Everyone!


Whoa, where did the summer go? In June, all the mommies were anxiously counting down to the day school would be out, and chaos will follow as little ones run amuck at home and on the streets. But this week....the kids are BACK to school! All the mommies began cheering and breathing a sigh of relief. Hats off to my dear friend Erinn, who braved the cultural tides and began homeschooling her 7 year old this week! Amazing girl! This summer we enjoyed lots of homemade strawberry banana smoothies (and popsicles) and partying all summer, and suddenly....life is back on school track again!


Caleb was wide-eyed and excited to go back to school! This is the morning of First day of School! Watching PBS kids before school....hehe....


In my backyard I have 6 bell pepper plants that has NOT grown a single veggie in the 5 months I had them! Many times, I was tempted to cut them all down, but was distracted or too lazy to do so. Amazingly....this week I found not one, but TWO bell peppers growing! After the hot 100+ degree summer heat, you'd think all signs of life in our backyard would be gone!

And not only that, but next to it, the withering 'bitter melon' plant that dad-in-law gave us....ALSO showed some unexpected rewards! There it was, hanging happily on the wall without support (due to my brown-thumber's inexperience), are two big bitter melons! I guess it doesn't matter if it tastes bitter.....'cuz they are bitter melons!



These veggies taught me a big lesson this summer! So many times when I feel like giving up (on anything or anyone or me!), I have to remember that it is not I who cause anything or anyone to grow, but God does all the work. I'm a small participant to the One who creates and sustains life! Happy Almost Autumn, Everyone!


Post scriptus:It is 2 days after my blog post, and I noticed the unfathomable.....My bitter melon withered! Not only that, it yellowed! I bet it tastes really bad too....but since it's 'bitter melon', I guess it won't matter if it tastes bitter, right? Oh well, I guess I over-watered it! Maybe too much of a good thing is not good after all! (*_*)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

those are bugged eyes of shock, fear, and terror. not happiness. ha...

george chang