11.13.2009

Happy Thanksgiving 2009 to my Beloved!


I can't believe how fast this year's coming to an end! It seems like yesterday that we were writing Valentine cards, and now we're celebrating Thanksgiving! This year was a bit odd, as the stores piled on Christmas gift items and played Christmas carols the day after Halloween! It's like we bypassed Thanksgiving altogether!


I suppose with this year's gloomy economy, the stores have to fast-forward their holiday marketing efforts (note all the catalogs in our mailboxes!) to get us all in a festive frenzy hence we can contribute to our country via mass-spending (um...economy stimualting). I realized I need to put on my brakes and sit still for a few moments to reflect on this wonderful year that's about to come to an end! I looked back at the fleeting months and realized that I've been blessed immensely this year!



The kids grew like weeds (unlike my veggies, which were smothered by my TLC...or is it TMW ~ too much water?), the hubby became chubbier (thanks to tea-boiled eggs), and our family had our first snow & city experience! We also enjoyed a precious week with little ones at VBS (vacation Bible school) and there's a joy beyond words when we see their hearts open up & accept their Heavenly Father. Ultimately, we will all be worshipping the Lord together in eternity. That is the best news in this unpredictable life!

I got to thinking...would I be as grateful and joyful if my life wasn't so smooth? What if my health, or finances, or kids....weren't doing so well? Would I still worship, and love, and give.... despite my circumstances?


I've experienced and know that in this life, there's no smooth sailing, and in a fallen world, many trials abound. That made me all the more vigilent about holding on to God's words and to trust Him when circumstances change.


God doesn't put us here to live comfortably ever after, but rather, to take up our cross and follow Him daily. There's a price to pay when we decide to obey unconditinally, but God promises to us that His plans for us are the best, even when we don't understand why at times. He will not let us be tempted beyond what we can bear, and His grace is sufficient for us.


This Thanksgiving, I am expecially thankful to the Lord for the loved ones around me. We may have big challenges in our life, but God gives us His Holy Spirit, as well as people around us to support us and pray for us when we are struggling. Our loved ones may be here today and gone tomorrow (at least temporarily, until heavenly reunion), for life is ever-changing. So let us cherish and spend time (quality and quantity alike) with our loved ones.

I would like to take the opportunity to let you all know how much I love and appreciate you. I thank the Lord for putting you in my life, and each of you are irreplaceable and have a special purpose in this world. You are uniquely created by our Father, and He will reveal His will for you when you give your life to Him. You do matter.....to God, to others and to me!


Happy Thanksgiving my dears, and know that our Father and Creator loves you, and showed his love by giving his Son's life ~ in exchange for yours. Would you like to spend eternity with our Father? Then receive the free gift given to us from our Creator.

(What gift? Click below!!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is great sharing about Thanksgiving. What is TLC?

Our Family Circus ^_^ said...

TLC = Tender Loving Care (^_^)