11.28.2009

Meeting MBA Buddies & Decking our Tree!


Dim sum with MBA buddies
[10:30am]

This morning we woke up even later than before, at 9:30am! I walked downstairs and our house smells like a forest (not forest fire, but forest)! "Dougee" smelled so good and the fragrance from his pine needles permeated our family room!

I felt like I was in Big Bear! We will eat with our MBA friends, whom we haven't seen for years, and later we will decorate our Dougee tree! I'm excited because it's been 26 years since my last tree.....I can't wait! See you later!



[10:30pm ]
We had a wonderful day today! We met several UCI MBA buddies whom we haven't seen since graduation...9 years ago! The guys had a blast playing basketball and chatting together, while the kids played in the playground nearby!


I was so happy that I could meet our old buddy Tony's new wife, Jennifer! She recently married Tony and moved here to the U.S. after living in Taiwan for 30 years....so it is a big adjustment for her. We had a great time chatting!







We had yummy dim sum in Irvine, and the guys updated one another on what happened in the past 9 years!






That night, hubby and I invited Tony and Jennifer over for steak dinner! We surprised Jen with a birthday candle (they brought the cake for dessert) and birthday song! She is such a young one!




The kids decorated our new Christmas tree, "Dougee", and they were very excited ~ as this is their first live tree in their lives! I realized I had forgotten to put the christmas lights on the tree first! %$#^#$@ Oh great, we get to do it all over again tomorrow (or next month?)!




What a big blessing this Thanksgiving to get together with all the good ol' pals God gave us!

No comments: