7.22.2010

~ ~ You Are My Sunshine ~ ~



This spring and summer, I had the pleasure of planting sunflower seeds at the request of little Abbie! 



They were just tiny seeds when we sowed them, and 70% of them got eaten by catepillars! Thankfully, some of them made it, through rain and bugs, and grew gigantic! I am so proud of them!



The biggest one is Mr. Sunshine below, who blossomed thanks to the daily full sun he gets at my front porch! 


When I heard that my dear Cathy, my sweet friend at church, delivered a beautiful baby girl yesterday, I was so happy! So this morning I told Mr. Sun that this is his chance to shine!

Abbie holds chopped Mr. Sun!

Abbie and I cut his head off and made a beautiful bouquet with the flowers in my front and back garden. I am so happy that these beautiful flowers can become a blossom, I mean, blessing, to others! 


He had a big, heavy head, and though his petals started to fall before we got the bouquet into the car, he still smiled brightly as we prepared him to meet mommy, daddy, big brother, and baby Olive!!


Mr. Sun held up his head proudly (minus 5 petals)!

Thank you, Mr. Sun ^ Friends, and Congratulations to my sweet sister Cathy!

No comments: