11.12.2010

So You think Plants can't dance? (^_^) Watch this!

Autumn bird hiding in Fall Foliage ~ Kobee bird
It you think plants can't dance or feel.... guess again! (^_^) Yesterday Abbie and I went to Home depot to buy our Fall flowers & foilage and she picked out two cool plants for herself! One is the fragrant rosemary min-Christmas tree and the other....a super cool Sensitive Plant! It is called "含羞草" in chinese!

Our Sensitive Plant 含羞草
When you touch it, it really moves!! Boy it moved so fast I had a hard time videotaping it for y'all! So next time....be nice to them! They really do have feelings! (^_^) (*_*) 



I played with them as a little 5 yr. old in Taiwan, and this plant brought back wonderful childhood memories! So I planted it (and all the other flowers) in the front yard flower bed!



Another good thing about loving your plants...is that they give you delicious fruits! Like my tomato plant....whom I almost threw out 'cuz it looked um...sickly....but didn't....and now it gives me yummy tomatoes! Abbie actually loves eating them 'cuz they're small and super sweet!! [She refuses to eat the big store-bought tomatoes].

Viola
 
African Daisy
 
Candusa


Rosemary Mini-Christmas Tree & Abbie

The mini-Rosemary Christmas tree now proudly sits in the middle of our family room, literally! As you can see, Abbie put it in the middle of the family room on her pink stool.

Too close for comfort!


Trembling tiny tree

Her brother is playing Bakugan Wii next to the trembling tree....hope it doesn't get knocked over! (^_^) It reminds me of Charlie Brown's tiny little Christmas tree!



p.s. Purchased a few more flowers a week later!

Tiger Pansies

The kids named this "Popcorn Flower" after we saw them at Disneyland!

I thought I had pulled out this flowering plant but it grew beautifully last week!


I thought this Fox Glove had already finished blooming. Apparently Not!

This is a fragrant flower bed flower....forgot its name too but it grows quickly!

No comments: