11.30.2010

This Year's Thanksgiving is the most Memorable one of the Decade! Mom's Noah's Ark Adventure


Two weeks ago, I sent this email to my good friends to pray for mom (^_^)....
________________________________

Hi Dears!!

Today mom called me to say her house is FLOODED! Turns out that her 50 yr. old house's plumming was broken and the water kept buiding up inside her walls and flooring...So now she's living in a Noah's Ark (in Rowland Heights)! Her animals need places to go ... and we are all helping her with house insurance companies, contractors, hotel and kennel arrangements, etc....Please pray for us to have wisdom and energy to help!
_______________________________

A week later....

Thanks SO much for everyone for praying for my mom! She's doing well, moved to temporary hotel in Brea, and over the weekend they removed the asbestos from her home. Hopefully in the next few days, they can start repairing her home (walls/floorings due to water damage)! Definately a memorable Thanksgiving for us all!

Visit Grandma at her Hotel in Brea



Abbie and I had fun visitng her on Thanksgiving day and ate at a yummy chinese restaurant with her & sis at Rowland Hts.
Michael the Pomeranian love to hug Abbie! Chihuahua is shy...


Grandma buys cheesecake for Abie at Shuen-Fat bakery

The house continues to be repaired today, and this Thanksgiving, I learned that the Season of Thanksgiving and Christmas is not only about gathering and traditions, but even more, it is about Loving & Helping in times of need. We may not be gathered in a beautiful restaurant with turkey, stuffing, and gifts, but we are thankful to God for the very basics we have in life. Food, shelter, health, and loved ones seem to be so commonplace, yet when one of them cease to exist, our lives are turned upside down.


So this Thanksgiving, I am thankful for the air I breathe, the energy I have, and Lovoed ones whom I can love. May everyone have a blessed Thanksgiving!

No comments: