5.23.2012

Making our own 雞蛋糕 (^_^) egg babycake!




Since our Canada trip, I've been craving the yummy 雞蛋 egg  babycakes that we had at the nightmarket in Vancouver. So when I saw this babycake machine while shopping, I snatched it!


Funny thing was, I didn't use this machine for the past 9 months! It was daunting to begin a big project and I'm totally a dummie at baking.....so this babycake maker decorated my kitchen floor until I finally enlisted 2 buddies to help me get the recipe going!



After researching the chinese dessert recipe online, I bought the ingredients and we took the plunge! So we made the batter, threw the goo into the babycake machine, and Voila!


Abbie came home and made her own cake pops....they actually taste like  ~ egg custard!



Her response wasn't what I expected! (^_*) She said, "Yuck!" It's actually pretty good, trust me!


Caleb tells Abbie, "Mom's gonna take pix of me and caption it: Caleb's taste
response to egg cake!"    (Wow, this kid read my mind!)

Ugh...it tastes okay mom! And stop taking pix of me!

No comments: