10.21.2008

No More Doc Appointments ~ Please

Hi dears!

Yesterday we went to the pediatrician at 10am, but the doctor was NOT IN! Arughhh! They mis-scheduled Abbie's appointment to Tuesday instead, and the doc was at a conference in the A.M.. So we ended up rescheduling to 1:30pm. We still had ~3+ hours to kill so I went to my Well Woman exam upstairs, then to the Shops at Mission Viejo ~(^_^)~ And boy, did I shop!

I had my very un-fun, spread-eagle exam, witnessed in full view by my 3 yr. old who sat right behind the doctor. Afterwards, she looked petrified, backed off towards the door and screamed, "MAMA! I don't want to check my Wee wee....pleeease!" I told her she doesn't need to, and she still looked at me suspiciously. "Please, ma, no check wee wee....". I laughed hysterically. I explained that Dr. Jaucian is mommy's doctor, not hers!


While paying my co-pay, the receptionist mentioned, "Your sister in law just called in for an appointment too! This week!" ^_^ I'm not sure why but I immediately dialed her home with my cell phone and announced, "This is Dr. Jaucian's Office! I'm calling you back because...." She interrupted me and proceeded to confess some personal health issues of hers (omitted for privacy) and after 3 minutes of 'chatting', I blurted out laughing, "It's ME, sis! Can't you tell it's my voice?!" I guess I was in prankster mode yesterday...bad bad! I hope she'll talk to me next time I see her!

OH, here's another guilt "trip" I made along the way....
We were at MV mall waiting for Abbie's McNuggets and I (guilty!) looked at the Monopoly game rule brochure for a tad too long. I turned around and Abbie was gone! After 4 minutes I started to try to recall what she was wearing, 'cuz I may need to officially tell the mall security I screwed up and lost my 3 yr old (again....). I decided to try the other side of the food court loop and spotted a little girl, holding her bottle and staring at the Lemon and Corndog cartoon on the colorful Muscle Beach wall. Like a loving mother, I then dogged her for 15 minutes about how she shouldn't disappear on mommy, even if mommy isn't paying attention.

She finally did get her flu and DTP shots in the afternoon, but funny, she didn't cry when the needle went in. She just blurted, "OWWW" and gave the nurse an evil eye afterwards. Doctor Kim waltzed in joyfully and said, "Hi my dear Abbie! How are you?" And when she obliged to his examination requests, he continued, "What a Good boy you are! Good Boy!" I couldn't hold back any longer but blurted, "Dr. Kim! We are a "GIRL", not a boy!" And uncertain if he understood me, he said, "Oh sure, good boy! Uh, Good girl!" I can't reckon how one can mistaken the gender of a little one in a bright pink shirt, pink striped legging and a high-pitched giggle?!%$%$
But we LOOOVE Dr. Kim and had him watch over our precious angels for 6+ years so we'll forgive him... again. (^_^) Health is the most important thing, I've come to realize. I sent some friends a weblink about Pastor Rick Warren (Saddleback Church pastor) whose daughter-in-law had discovered she had brain tumor last week. This diagnosis is just 2 months after she delivered her first baby. It's so hard for a young family to go through this...and she is only 25 years old! *_*

Will keep their family in prayer...I guess Pastor Greg Laurie and Pastor Rick has been going through a lot of challenges lately. May the Lord give them strength as they continue to share God's love with the world....

Back to my 20 loads of laundry....

Luv y'all,
Soph

No comments: