2.09.2009

The Fruit of My Labors!


A Berry pleasant Surprise!

I've never been a green thumber, and even cactuses can't survive my nurturing. I'm glad I don't live in the olden days, where people plant and harvest their own produce. If we did, I would starve my family! ^_^ Three weeks after our return from Taiwan, I noticed that we had 5 beautiful, plump, green straw"babies"!

I decided to take weekly pictures to see how they do under my TLC, and I figured it won't be so hard. After all, I raised 2 kids (well, 3 if you count hubby), right? This is Chinese New Year week, the berries look happy & healthy!

This is Groundhog week, I was very unpleasantly surprised that my batch of babies decreased by one! Somebody ate one of them!! I guess sometimes in life, we would run into unexpected losses, though we've tried our best. I was disappointed, but I have to keep trying. But wht do I do?

I know! Let's wrap 'em up and the darn birdies or creatures will be able to see but not taste them, hahaha!

Three days later: The berries are still here after my 'wrapping ceremony' ! A few more days and we harvest!


Today is E(at) day! I'm so happy that I saran-wrapped up the berries because the past few days it had been raining cats and dogs! It poured! So the berries have to be harvested today otherwise it will rot from soaking in the rain. The berries look great! Yeay we did it! This waiting game took about 5.5 weeks.

I guess it takes time, patience, TLC and accepting the unexpected when it comes to everything. Like strawberries, let's "Hang in there" whether it's our relationships, parenting, finishing school, careers, recuperating from sickness, ministry challenges, or waiting out the slumping economy. In His time, God will help us ripen and sweeten the fruits of our labors!

My in-home food taster tried the berries, and here's her professional opinion ~ Apparently, I'm not only a brown thumb, but a sour thumb too!


The sky leaked and it poured and even hailed (~ice everywhere~) after I harvested the 4 strawberries today! This is a rare sight to behold. We've never had this much rain for a year and a half!

No comments: