2.14.2009

Happy Valentine's Day, Dears!


RAGGED, PLUCKED VALENTINE BIRD !



How was everyone's Valentine's Day? Ours was the typical Saturday morning madness. I woke up to find my sweet 9 yr old biting off all his tail and wing feathers! So Abbie and I took him to the bird shop to have a lookover and a nail trim. Maybe the economy is depressing him too! Bird food went up $3, from $13 to a whopping $16 a bag, per bird!



Yesterday I had asked hubby for a special Valentine Getaway... and he oked it! So I went to see "The Confessions of a Shopaholic" by myself on today at Kaleidoscope Cinema! I saw the review and it said it had a good message at the end of the movie, so I gave it a try!

In the past years, I saw a series of the Shopaholic novels lined up at Border's Bookstore too! It's funny and lighthearted, and I think in a way, that's how our economy got into this whole mess. If we read the papers, we'll agree that even our government has "spend-a-holic" tendencies, and we may be borrowing our way into bankruptcy!

Like the girl in the movie says, "Acquring these things gives me a high....but then I feel bad again, and I have to do it again to feel good...". It is so true, as the Good Book says, "Godliness with Contentment is great gain", and that's a High that will last until eternity!


In the meantime, hubby & kids are at home! The boys made their special tea boiled eggs! Yum!

No comments: