12.18.2009

Caleb's and Abbie's Last Week of School in 2009 !!



It is hard to believe, but Caleb's school year is 5.5 hours from being officially over! I have this 'flash forward' of him finishing up high school and I too, am still blogging here at our the dining table on his graduation morning too! Abbie and I went to pick up Caleb a couple days ago and ran into Mr. Joe, our Chaparral principal! Abbie saw him and screamed, "Sponge Bob"!! I quickly covered her face and apologized profusely to the principle ~ until I looked up at him and realized that Abbie was right! Mr. Joe really IS Spongebob!



Abbie asked to take a picture with HER principle, since she has assumed the position of "Incoming Kindergartener ~ September 2010", and as an official Chaparral student, she wanted a picture with SpongeBob. And so.....we did!



I had a fun discussion with Mr. Joe, and found out that his wife (a teacher), is my UCSD alumni "sister"! They have 3 beautiful kids, and are very athletic! Mr. Joe went to Cal State Fullerton, and it was wonderful to chat with him in his pajamas! Abbie was amused and content looking at the pictures of Mr. Joe's family in his office!

It was pajama day, so all the kids in school studied, played, and ate lunch in their PJs. I wish we had that tradition in my 'past life',  when I was still working outside of my home (at my drug company). Imagine our company director of Regulatory Affairs, Mr. D, walking into our weekly meetings in his Spiderman fleece PJs! We will definately pay attention! I also got to see the kids during recess in their PJs too! Wish they had special dress-up days in my childhood elementary school too!



Today is the last day of school, and Caleb's class will have a Christmas & Pizza Party! I was so blessed that Abbie's preschool director let us bring Abbie in today for a special Chapel service, and I can leave Abbie at school until I'm done helping Caleb's class party! Stay tuned everyone!

p.s. Here's the very first "Chapel time" in Abbie's "Kid's Kingdom" Preschool in Calvary Chapel RSM!



Dear Chaparral and Kid's Kingdom Principal, Teachers and Staff ~ Thank you for your love, wisdom, patience and time. You made the kids who they are today. We are blessed to have you in their lives!  Happy 2009 and We look forward to 2010 Together!

No comments: