12.16.2009

Nutcrackettes on the Loose!




Today is the last ballet day of the year for Abbie and her 5 ballerina friends! I was so excited to get her ready for her little 'show and dance' performance for the parents today!


Well, as Mr. Murphy would say.... "My Law states that ~ Meltdowns are mandatory during the most important recital of the year"....and here Abbie, out of the 15+ classes she's attended since Autumn....decided to do her very first melt down and refused to be anywhere near the dance floor.

I was ready to throw my own tantrum, so I decided to go to Kohl's for stress-relief... And after 20 minutes, I returned fully expecting her to still be planted on that chair. Well, lo and behold.... there she is, dancing along and preparing for her mini-winter recital!



The girls did a fantastic rendition of "Nutcracker" and "Susie Snowflake"! My mommy friends were so happy and enjoyed their little girls' performance!



I learned that sometimes it's hard to separate our expectations of our lovely kids from our hope of unconditionally loving them. When they don't appreciate and enjoy what we've done ~ oftentimes through fire and ice, for them ~ we get frustrated, angry and disappointed. At Kohl's, I had to regain my composure and emotions, and remind myself of what really matters.  What matters, is that the kid is happy and knows what makes her comfortable. It's not about me, but about her experiences. If she doesn't dance, that's ok. She will lose some memorable moments, but she will also gain some self-calming skills too!



Merry Christmas to my Sweet Nutcrackettes! And Thank you Miss Marcie for your love and patience! We love our dance studio managers Chris and wife, and may the Lord bless you!


No comments: