2.14.2011

Happy Valentine's Day ~ Surprise from Hubby (Literally ~ A Miracle)


Today is definately a very surprising day! I heard someone enter the house around 5pm, which is very atypical! Fearing it is a burglar, I tiptoed to the stairway to find my very own hubby, carrying lots of Costco purchases, one of which is a huge pack of T-bone steak! As it turned out, he wanted to surprise me (which is literally, a miracle, for those of you who know him long enough)!





Since we started dating 18 years ago, I've already come to the realization that hubby doesn't do holidays. Not Valentine, anniversary, birthdays, anything like that. He doesn't want Hallmark telling him when to love his girlfriend/wife. Hence, I've grown accustomed to enjoying little things each day brings. So today, I'm very thankful that hubby slipped out of work at 4pm to buy and cook me yummy steak (hope boss is not reading this!), and I'm thankful for the little things he does for me every day!

Me in my PJs, not knowing he'd be home w/a surprise dinner!

When we were eating the steak, or actually, chewing through the thick layers of it, hubby said, "Boy, this steak is super tough! I'm losing my touch cooking this thing!" I shot back, "Maybe it's just a reflection of the state of our marriage!" Hahaha! I guess some days we have tender steaks and some days we have tough ones, but most importantly, we enjoy and appreciate the heart behind the beef! (^_^)



Kobee bird imitates hubby's "kettle sound" whenever he boils water for his tea. He had been doing this  several years ago. Lately we've been inviting him to join us for dinner (not as entree, but as a guest!) so we are happy to hear his super cool imitations again! (^_^) 

No comments: