2.27.2011

Visiting our dear Uncle Davy's Workshop(^_^)

Abbie draws "A Giant Leaf" for Uncle Davy

Last Autumn (2010), our buddy Peter told the AWANA kids (Friday night church camp) and parents that we have a special guest speaker, Uncle Davy Liu, who will share about his life! We were very excited and mesmorized by the amazing life story he shared with us. As a child, he didn't do well in his studies or music, and felt like an outcast among his peers, God had a plan for him that he did not know at the time. In Jr. high, Davy and his teachers noticed that he was surprisingly skilled in drawing.

Caleb at Uncle Davy's workshop ~ Go Uncle Davy!

After being chosen as 1 of the 8 (out of tens of thousands of candidates) to be a Disney Animator at only 19 years of age, he excelled at his animation drawings (such as Beauty and the Beast, Mulan, Aladdin, Lion King, and Atlantis)! But after 10 years, sensing a bigger purpose, he gave up his lucrative income & career to start Kendufilms, a faith-based film industry making  (magnificient & breathtaking ~ in my opinion) animated biblical movies, for God's glory.

Caleb poses for his caricature by Uncle Davy!

After sharing and book signing that night, I prayed for him and his family. He has a big vision, and it takes thousands to pray and support his ministry. I emailed him letting him know that I can help him edit, translate, whatever, if he ever needed the help. And he replied. So we began emailing articles back and forth, translation, editing, any work that needed polishing.


Caleb the Baseball player ~ and daddy Mark in the back!

On the Sunday before Valentine's, we were invited to his home for hot pot. We met his lovely wife Joan, 14 year old daughter Sabrina, big brother Phillip (from Taiwan), and Mary & Helen who help out Davy in his ministry!

Abbie the Mermaid & her friend Flounder!


The kids were super excited when Uncle Davy told them to visit his workshop, and began drawing caricatures of each of them!



The kids loved playing with Davy. He was not only a kind, patient, gentle artist, but he was also a funny and skilled magician too!

Davy's encouraging gift ~ His hand-drawn calendar! Let's keep serving Him, brother! 

We will continue to pray for his family and ministry, and support him in any way we can. God is in control, and we just need to trust, love, and serve Him, one fine day at a time. Later that week, I was asked to join the team as public relations, translation, and editing gal.



When I graduated from college, I was doing 'drug work'....so, from Pharmaceutical, to Parenting (9.5 years ago at the moment of baby Caleb's arrival), and now to Publicity, my life has turned a new leaf. I needed a Giant Leaf of Faith, and I pray that God can help me take that big step of change and transition. Change is always difficult, but I am very excited to be in this ministry of sharing Christ with the world. A few days ago I had heart palpitations all day and night....Perhaps it is unconsious stress, but I realized that I needed to let Go and let God take the rein. This is His ministry, and He loves every person in this world more than I can ever love them, and I only need to do my part.



 Though it is formidable, and the future is unknown, but I know that God is soverign, in control, and will take care of everything. By your prayers, we can move the hand of God, and trust that He will bring those who do not yet know Him ~ to Himself. Thank you for faithfully following and praying for me all these years. The Lord bless you as you live each day for His glory as well!

No comments: