2.24.2011

Mama Soph's Day Off (26 Hours ~ to be Exact) ~(^_^)~

Soph returns afte 26 hours Off!

This is the day that I had been waiting for ~ My day off! A few weeks ago, I asked hubby to book me a hotel so I can have a mini-vacation, a special treat for 9+ years of hard work as mommy! And so he did! It was something new for the whole family, as I've never been away for more than a few hours since Caleb was born (well, except the week that I was hospitalized...see January 2010 post about my adventures in the hospital)!

Soph's Hotel in Foothill Ranch


The kids were excited and nervous (perhaps unsure of how the day would be without mommy), and Abbie said, "Yeay! I won't need to eat veggies when mommy's not here!"



So Sunday afternoon, I met with my college buddies Julie and Daisy at Spectrum's "Corner Bakery". After that, it was cold and windy, so I decided to go to "The Balcony" to have hot pot. The Shihlin Herbal Pot is REALLY good! I even saw Maggie's family and Wayne's family stroll in for dessert, and they were surprised to see me eating there. Sam asked if I was REALLY eating by myself (no secret rendezvous?), and I assured him that I was....and the empty bowl (previously filled with hot pot veggies) across from my table was no one else's but mine (^_^).

I didn't do much ~ watched Weather Channel that night (^_^)! And MSNBC.

Then I went to Courtyard Marriott, which was nice and cozy. I videotaped the hotel so hubby could see what my room was like (and that he did a wonderful job reserving this place)!




The next day I packed up (after missing breakfast 'cuz I got up too late) and left the hotel for Souplantation. It was a fun and relaxing 2 hours (of eating and reading the whole week's newspapers). Surprisingly, an hour after lunch and shopping at Walmart, I saw my sis in law Jenny's car in the Souplantation parking lot! So like a stalking paparazzi, I parked next to her car, took a picture, left a note on her windshield, then fled the scene.

Hi Sis!! Soph was here too!
It is indeed a small world! I guess one better not do bad things secretively....because there's always someone out there who knows us! On the other hand, I think that's God's way of saying, "Here's a little reminder that wherever you go, I am with you!"


I came home and Abbie took a picture of me. Hubby did a great job with the kids! They ate yummy BBQ pork and empty-heart veggie from Sam Woo, and Caleb even learned new songs on his recorder!



So I learned that kids and hubby are very flexible and sometimes letting go and letting them bond together will bring us moms surprises and rewards! I'm thankful to hubby for the wonderful break! Being a mommy is no easy task, as we try everything we can to influence our kids, 24/7. Taking a step back and recharging myself really helped me see that God is really in control of everything. I just need to do my part, do my best, and maintain a balance in time with God, myself, family, and work! (^_^) Happy Relaxing, mommies!

Snow on the mountaintops outside Marriott

No comments: