5.05.2011

(^_^) Thoughts from an Inexperienced "9-Yr-Old" Mom! ~ HAPPY Mother's DAY!! ~

 

Time really flies! I can't believe it's May already! The kids graduate from 4th and Kindergarten...in 6 weeks!

My 3 kids (41, 5 and 9 yrs old) (^_^)

Mother's day is here again! I used to expect things and gestures from my 3 kids (one of which is 41 years old)....like commercials always cajole and entice consumers......"Give mom the best because she deserves it". But now, after 9+ years of motherhood, I realized that Motherhood is actually a GIFT from God!



Of course, there are days when I feel like hiding from all the responsibilities and emotions of motherhood, like this Tantrum session from dear Abbie last week (see video....then you'll feel a little better about your kids' gentler-by-far fussiness by comparison)...(^_^)



But I look back at the past 9 years, and realized that Caleb is half way through his 'home life' with us! In 9 years, he'll be off to college! "Off To" could be down the street in Saddleback college (which is not a bad idea ~ economical and we see him daily!), or across the country (3,000 miles away?!). So putting things in perspective made me cherish the moments. Sometimes they fight and scream....making me want to run and hide in Mission Hospital for a couple weeks....but other times, they are as compatible as lego pieces, like the surprise 'Duet' we heard last week from them!


Yesterday it was so touching to see Abbie make 'homemade biscuits' for me and Caleb ~ as an afternoon snack.




Homemade biscuit is SO yummy! (^_^)
 Baking together is what I rarely do with her, 'cuz I'm super lazy and it's easier/cheaper to buy the voila~ ready made pastries. But this Mother's day, on her school-craft mother's day card, she wrote the following:

Never knew that she loved eating almond jello!

I realized that doing things with her, and sharing our love for pastry, sweets (almond jello!) and life (and Totoro cartoon) together....is what will last forever in her young mind.


Abbie makes Almond Jello (^_^)


Today we are going to surprise Mrs. McLaren (Abbie's Kinder teacher) with YUMMY Almond Jello Abbie wrote about on her school Mother's Day Card! Mrs. McLaren never tasted them before so Abbie made some for her ! (^_^)

One day, she may continue the 'tradition' with her own kids....and I will sit back and enjoy the fruits (or desserts!) of my labors!




Happy Mother's Day everyone! I love you! (^_^)

Apparently.... All the fuss and homework tantrums (and sticking to it)  paid off! Abbie aces the Word StudyTest!

Abbie showed me the card she made at school ~ And I looked MAD! I asked why she drew mama that way and she said, "Because you're always mad at me"! (Notice the arms crossing at hips!)
After her explanation, she laughed HYSTERICALLY ~(*_^) ~  The worst thing was, my mom and big sister BOTH thought she did a GREAT job of depicting me in my "Mad Face"! Arent' they supposed to be on my side?? (^_^)


Abbie is officially addicted to Totoro as I was in college!

*** Ok, last picture, I promise ***





2 comments:

George c said...

Priceless memories. And you didn't delete the video... Didn't you promse?!

Our Family Circus ^_^ said...

I know...I lied....Bad Mommy! (^_^)