5.06.2011

~ Mannix Peacemakers ~ The Heroes in Our Lives


The 31 Nobel Peace Prize Presenters!

Today I attended Caleb's "Peacemaker Presentation".... And as I entered the Hall of Champion, I heard the song "Hero"....and witnessed our kids in Mrs. Mannix's class march up the stage elegantly. It suddenly struck me as a "Graduation-like March"...and if we fast-forward to 2019.....near this time....Caleb and friends will be graduating from high school!



Seeing the kids so well-rehearsed and proper up there made me cherish the 8 years left of Caleb's time in our home (assuming he'll be living in a dorm in college (^_^)....But if he's at Saddleback, great!). I will really treasure the times our kids spend in our care!

Caleb mumbles his way through his speech as "Albert Schweitzer"
Caleb was "Albert Schweitzer", though he spoke super softly and quickly... so I still don't know much about 'ol Al! (^_^)



Is it just my kid, or are other kids too shy to take pix with mommy? (^_^)
The right top corner is what Albert Schwarz looks like in person. Should have given Caleb a Mustache!!

The kids sang SUPER well, like professional choir children on Christmas Eve! All of the Mannix Maniac parents are super proud of them!



Ok, they looked sleepy ~ It was a long program! Good job for sitting so long!

Kids sat patiently and listened to their friends share their Nobel Peace history!

Keep up the great work, kids! We love you! 29 more days of school! (Today is 5/11/11)!

Miss Julia and Friends did really well! Proud of you all!

2 comments:

KIM said...

I'm dizzy after "Freedom" (^_^)....we loved it! Thanks so much for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing this! You did a great job with the video and captured so much. It was wonderful to be able to share it with my husband (who couldn't attend) and to e-mail it to my mom and mother-in-law so they could see it too! I really appreciate it!


Carrie