5.10.2011

The Mommy-Daughter Dance ~(^_^)~

Abbie's Famous Mother's Day 2011 Card (drawn at school)

My friend Shirley's email address is t2tangle....and I realized it's so true, even in relationships like mother-daughter ones! (^_^) It really does take both of us to make our relationship sweet (or bitter, or whatever flavor we feel like on any given day)!

I remember last weekend, when Abbie presented my "Mad Mama" Mother's day card, I didn't know if I should laugh or cry! I asked her why she drew mama mad, and she said, "'Cuz you're always scolding me!!" I can't believe I am portrayed like "Tiger Mom" ~ though I AM born on the year of the Tiger ('74)! I looked like an asian Miss Piggy, with arms crossed at hips AND angry eyes too!

Abbie and I made Strawberry Jello w/diced Pears yesterday!


The funny thing was, my mom and sister (and all the family) came down for Mother's day lunch at our place, and I showed them the picture....and they said, "Yeah! Abbie drew it so well! It DOES look like you!" Now they ARE my real mom and sister...right? I guess they're siding with grand-daughter/niece.......now that I'm no longer cute and chubby (big chubby pear was my nickname)....


Our buddy Tim shared how hard it is to be a mom on Sunday's Mother's Day Message. Go Tim, you tell 'em bro!


My friends all thought it was pretty funny, and this is probably the day we get our "Report Cards" as a mom. I let that slide, figuring she's getting me back for not buying the hamster ... or the "My Little Pony" gift set that she's been begging for lately........



This morning, I was surprised to wake up with a crayon-drawn picture next to my bedside. It was a drawing....and it had the word "LOVE", and actual HEARTS drawn around 2 people resembling....me and Abbie! Lo and behold........it looks like we're holding hands and are on good terms, SMILING too! Imagine that?!

I love you  蔥油餅 ~ somehow the pix won't turn around (^_*)

I cooked her a special breakfast (thanks to Auntie Grace's yummy dough).... Chinese Pancakes ~ 蔥油餅~  which reflected my joy, appreciation and Love for her as well!  (^_^)  When she woke up, she was stunned to see her favorite breakfast WRITTEN on the plate, literally! So I guess in mother-daughter (or ANY!) relationship, sometimes we do things with funny or not so funny intent, but at the end of the day, we're all family and we can laugh at the things/days to come because we learn to love, forgive, then love again!



~ The kids sang a Mother's Day song in Taiwanese (above), and another in Chinese ( below!!) ~

4 comments:

sam said...

u r not a tiger mom..u r a sweet teddy bear mom!! so proud of u....love ur chinese pancake breakfast...thumbs up!!! sweet teddy bear mom!!

Our Family Circus ^_^ said...

Thank you Sam! (^_^) So encouraged by your words! Happy May!

Our Family Circus ^_^ said...

Dear Soph,

You are so talented! You can always use your words to touch people's heart! It's always so much joy to read your blog! Thanks for sharing and documenting all these little memories! ~Amy L.

Our Family Circus ^_^ said...

I ♥ your blog! =) June