5.18.2011

Life is Full of Surprises (^_^) Soph's Little Garden

Our Dwarf Sunflower ~ Looks like Lion's Head!

I was surprised to find this in my purse this morning...

Happy Abbie & mama Sophie picture!

And of course....a parenting advice from Abbie too!

I guess when the kid is in a good mood, she's super angelic! And I'm no longer labeled 'tiger mad mama', at least not today.


Mammoth Sunflower grew from seeds....keeping in pot so slugs don't eat these sprouts!

Having a wonderful start today, I went to work (as pink lady, or copy cat, for the front office). Coming home, I noticed something interesting! The blueberry plant that I was getting ready to return to Lowe's.....had something BLUE grow on it! I looked closely, and lo and behold....there was ONE blueberry that actually looked edible!


Abbie tasted the blueberry......and from her response....you will know if the blueberry was sweet....or.....not even close!



This year's blueberry crop ~ TWO blueberries!
Also, though it rained a lot, I noticed the tomatoes growing too! It's green (and I'm not planning to make green fried tomatoes) and seem to be thriving! Woohoo!

~ Early Girl Tomatoes ~

Unknown kind of tomato ~ Came from Last Spring's seeds (^_^)
This GrapeTomato plant resurrected from last Spring's batch!

My Lavender from Home Depot looks pretty depressed and limp....I thought they were supposed to make you feel energetic and relaxed! It should give itself a dose of its own fragrance! I guess I'll keep an eye on it and see if I can make it happier...maybe re-locate it elsewhere?



Lastly, I was surprised to see a fully red strawberry! Usually they are eaten by bugs by the time they are halfway red. Well....no surprise, I turned over the PERFECT strawberry and saw that....someone already took a BIG bite! I plucked it and gave it to Kobee bird..... lucky bird! This is May gloom this week....hope that the weather will warm up so we can enjoy the fruits  (and veggies) of our labors!

My perfect strawberry ~ with a hole in it (*_^)
Oh, and we also got a baby Tiger barb named....Tiger (ok, not too creative lately), and a teenager Silver-Tip Tetra (Tippy) to replace the 2 tetras I accidentally sent to Jesus with over-clean water. They are growing like weeds too!

Tiger ~ the Tiger Barb (they say these guys nip fins, but he's very friendly!)

It took me 20+ shots to get a clear one of Tiger and Tippy (^_^)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi again,


I really like Abbie's letter ( on your blog ) to her mom, you!!!!! It is awesome.........!!!

yoshiko