3.02.2009

Yikes! More Injuries %$#^$%^!


I can't believe it's March already! Lately nothing much has happened.... Caleb's right front tooth started wobbling more, so I guess it'll be coming off in a couple weeks? The loquats are taking their sweet time to ripen, maybe due to the strange cold/warm/cold OC weather we've been having. Lately I've been having nightmares too! The cold nights compelled me to eat carbo before bedtime (YUMMY pastry from Irvine's 85 degrees Chinese Bakery ~ See's Dark Choco-covered Almonds and Raisins ~ Snacks from 99 Market)....and the next morning I'd wake up with clear recollection of the nightmares before. Nightmares include devil chasing me or there's a plane crash! Wahhh! So if anyone has similar experience, reassure me I'm not going nuts!
(Or am I watching too much TV?)

Yesterday hubby played basketball with the other hubbys at our Grapevine (couples) fellowship. Though he's working off his neck pain with a chiropractor, he proudly announces he's going to have a blast playing with the Big Boys.




Well, afterwards I see him come out of the gym with ice-filled 99 Ranch plastic bag around his hand. Oh great ~ he bruised his thumb and it grew to the size of an egg! He was proud of himself for taking care not to play rough with our beloved friends ~ one of whom is a dentist, since his family's livelihood depended on the functionality of his precious hands. (But...I still think he was rough....'cuz he'll either elbow or rear-end people out of their positions! Watch out, guys!)




BUT...WHY???? (could it be age? or the desire to re-play triumphant moments from life B.C. ~ before children)...did he have to jam his thumb into the basketball??? So now he's officially "disabled", and our family is in crisis. We do NOT have a chef to make dinner! I have to physically cut up the ingredients for him to make our meat dish and I wasn't thrilled about it. He is currently enjoying the pampering since he can't do much with his egg-head hand. Our home is filled with stimulating scents of Ben-Gay and mama is slaving over chores! He realized how important his thumb was....and I realized how important hubby is! Hurry and Heal thy Hand, Hubby! The teenage years are waaaay past us, so exercise accordingly ok, everyone? Safety 1st! ^_^

No comments: