11.24.2008

Holiday Bliss?

Hi Dears!

Over the weekend, I took the kids to Mission Viejo library. During checkout, I saw a bright yellow flyer on the wall.
It reads, "Holiday Survival Workshop
Group meeting once a week until January.

Meet at library lounge."

I was wondering why a workshop would be needed for such a merry time? Then it dawned on me that this is undoubtedly the most stressful time of the year! If we had unresolved relationship issues, then this would indeed be the time these cans of worms surface.

Recipe for the Holidays:
Expectation + past slights/grudges = Holiday madness.

I took Caleb to Target today and we listened to KOST 103.5FM on the radio...The Christmas songs already started playing! One song lyric was very true...it sang, "The best gift I could give to you is the gift of forgiveness. And the best gift you can give to me is to forgive." The closer we are with our beloved, the more likely we will accidentally step on their toes, and vice versa (i.e. Ever been in a crowded elevator before?) ^_^

So instead of letting the misguided feelings fester, it is best to nip it in the bud and communicate our feelings. This allows others to know our likes, dislikes, what works for us and what overwhelms us, since each of us have different energy levels & boiling points.

In this difficult economy, everyone's stressed, depressed, pressed for time/money, and celebrating is the last thing on our minds. Yet I know that our loved ones are a gift, and being with them (you all) is a blessing. Happiness is a choice, and when I began to count my blessings (despite all the bad news), there really are lots to be thankful for!

The good, the bad, the unknows, all this too shall pass. In the very very very end, God is in control, and everything will be okay.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!^_^

XOXO,
Soph


No comments: