11.13.2008

Love may be painful ^_^

Hi dears!

I was thinking of the chinese saying, "Teeth and Tongue are close together, they inevitably will bite each other!" On Tuesday it was Caleb and mommy's "date day" because he had no school on Veteran's day. We played baseball together at Cox Sports park and we had a blast using a real aluminum bat and MLB baseball (the real thing!)

When it was time for him to pitch, I swatted my bat and whoa! I actually hit the ball! It zipped past me and aimed straight at my bewildered pitcher. The ball smacked him straight on the forhead and knocked him out. He dropped and fell down, then a big teardrop slid down his cheek. He said, "Why did you hit me, ma??" I apologized profusely and to relieve my guilt, I took him to Rubino's pizza, Golden Spoon's frozen yogurt, and begged for forgiveness by offering his favorite red vines. After all the goodies, he seemed content and may have even have forgotten his earlier trauma. As luck would have it, at the end of the day as I tucked him in, he said, "Ma, remember today you hit me with the Major League baseball?" (^_^) So they never forget, do they?
(And hubby didn't help when he said, "What? You let him pitch the MLBaseball to you? You could have killed the boy!!" But the last time I looked, he was pitching the same ball to the boy too!! Hm....)

Then last night, while brushing Abbie's teeth, I put my index finger in her mouth to clean her teeth and CRUUUUUUNCH, her chompers took hold of my finger and I screamed and jumped in pain!!! She said, "Mama, why did you put your finger in my teeth!?" I muttered and screamed in pain...She was surprised and so was I, but we both knew this was an accident. So I guess when we love and spend time with our beloved, sometimes pain may just happen!

The Taiwanese word for LOVE is "Tiah", homonym for "Pain", so when we love, we may accidentally cause or experience pain too! I bet the one who knows what this feels like the most is our Lord Jesus... because He loves us to death, literally!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice sharing. Love = pain.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous is Jerry

Our Family Circus ^_^ said...

Yeah, originally the title of my post was Love = Pain, then changed to "Love may be painful" so it doesn't sound too pessimistic ^_^

That's life, but very enjoyable!

thanks for comment!