11.16.2008

What's Up with this Fire?

Hi buddies,

Sigh....why are we having 90+ degrees temp in the middle of November? And Brush Fire AGAIN? This is getting old! The past few years, whenever there's any inkling of wind, there is brushfire, and not just one but several fires burning at the same time. It's the pyromaniac's Christmas whenver there are high temps, low humidity, and windy conditions. Oh brother! The fires burned places like Brea, on the street where I used to live (in an apt) before I got married. Another fire burned in Anaheim hills, close to where I also lived (in a house), after I got married.
_________________________________________________________

Hm.... I think the fire is just following me everywhere! ~*_*~


Ladera Ranch is brush fire heaven too, and our house is 20 feet from Cleveland National Forest (border)! Aye...I guess that's the cost of living in beautiful 'middle-of-nowhere'! Fire also burning near Diamond Bar, where mom lives, so I have to keep an eye on mom and beg her repeatedly NOT to go sweep ashes in the driveway while the embers are still flying.... She's too tidy! Here are a few pictures of the aftermath of the fires that I find interesting....



The picture above is of the fire in Anaheim Hills, very close to where we lived prior to moving to Ladera Ranch. Good thing we don't live there anymore! Mark's big bro lives there so we invited them to come hide out, but they stuck it out and the fire moved north to my mom instead.




This picture is of a home in Selmar (in L.A.), which just hours before was 'For Sale'. I guess the house is no longer up for sale!




This is the picture of Sam Sung Korean church in Brea, taken at 1 a.m. early this morning. When we woke up, hubby was astonished the church was still standing (as he watched the news 6 hours prior, he thought the church would be gone for sure!)

Hubby kept muttering, "This is definately a divine intervention!" This hillside church stood in the path of a blazing fire coming down the hillside, and everything burned except this church!

No comments: